Battery Point Lighthouse in Crescent City built in 1856. Today the Del Norte County Historical Society maintains a Maritime Museum at Battery Pt. and shines the light as a private aid to navigation.
Trinidad Memorial Light. The original light, built in 1871, was located at Trinidad Head. It's lantern was removed and placed into the memorial light in Trinidad.
Punta Gorda Lighthouse is located in the very remote coastline of northern California near Petrolia. The light served the area from 1912 to 1951, all that remains today is the tower and empty lantern.
Point Cabrillo Light was completed in 1909 and included an air-siren fog signal and a 47-foot tower with a third-order Fresnel lens. Today, Point Cabrillo Preserve is 300 acres of protected open headland along the Mendocino Coast. The lighthouse is currently being restored.
Point Arena Lighthouse, was established in 1870 and is over 100 feet tall. The light was automated in 1977, the fog signal building is now a museum and the keeper's residences are available for lodging. Open daily, hours vary.
Mile Rocks Lighthouse, intriguing lighthouse built on a pair of rocks off of Point Bonita. The larger of the two rocks is 40 feet by 30 feet, and rises about 20 feet above sea level. Built in 1904, the tower was removed in the 1960's and the light was automated.
Alcatraz Island Light is located in San Francisco Bay and is part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. This light was built in 1909 to replace the original lighthouse built in 1854, which was the first lighthouse built in California.
Point Bonita Lighthouse is also part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area located north of the Golden Gate Bridge. It was built in 1877. Open weekends.
Fort Point Light, the second lighthouse in California, is another light that is part of the Golden Gate NRA. It was built by the U.S. Army and lit in 1855. Open Wed - Sun
Point Montara Lighthouse. Established in 1900. A fog signal originally marked the point beginning in 1872. Now operated as a youth hostel, visitor hours are limited. Part of the Golden Gate NRA.
Point Reyes Light Station is located at the Point Reyes National Seashore and was established in 1870.
Pigeon Point Light was built in 1871 and is 20 miles south of Half Moon Bay at Pescadero. The grounds are open daily with tours of the lighthouse and watch house operated on weekends.
Point Piños was the third lighthouse established on the West Coast in 1854 and is the oldest continuously operating lighthouse on the West Coast. The lighthouse has been restored and refurbished, much as it was in 1854
Santa Cruz Light, built in 1868, as a wooden structure with a tower. This light was demolished in 1948, the current light was built as a memorial to an 18 year old drowning victim. The Mark Abbott Memorial Lighthouse currently houses the Santa Cruz Surfer's Museum.
Point Sur Lighthouse established in1889 is located at Point Sur State Historic Park. It is the only complete light station in California (all original buildings are still intact), and an ongoing restoration project is underway. Open weekends and Wednesdays.
Piedras Blancas Light is in San Simeon. It was built in 1875, however its lantern has been removed and is in the town of Cambria. The lighthouse grounds are closed.
San Luis Obispo Light is a Victorian structure with 40-foot tower and fourth-order Fresnel lens. It is situated at the remote San Luis Head near Avila Beach, just outside the harbor. Completed in 1890, the light can currently be seen by boat or day hikes on the Pecho Coast Trail.
Anacapa Island Light is located at the entrance to the Santa Barbara Channel and is part of the Channel Island National Park. The light, which can be reached by boat, is the original light built in 1932 and was automated in 1968. The grounds are open and tours are available.